3WIRE Consulting Group uses many unique and innovative techniques to achieve your goals. At the heart of our service is the belief that every team and organization no matter the size consists of people. We also believe that all people operate according to their mindsets, biases, and experience, which are formed in large part by their own filters and context.
We can help you become aware of your biases and behaviors that prevent you from realizing positive change and best solutions as you work with others. We enable you to participate in difficult conversations. We used techniques and methods, frameworks, concepts and practices from several sources and disciplines to create practical applications. We do not solve your problems. We help you identify the root causes of those problems and give you the tools and insights to make lasting and meaningful change. Our goal is to enable our clients to be better prepared and less surprised in dealing with the complexity of modern high tempo leadership.
We assist Senior Executive Teams or Teams of Middle Managers and Cross-Sections of organizations with:
We help Senior Level Executives, Senior Management Teams or Cross-Sections of Organizations understand:
One of the basic building blocks of our approach is Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation Theory (FIRO). FIRO® is a comprehensive and widely-used theory of interpersonal relations created by Will Schutz, Ph.D. Introduced in 1958 in the book FIRO: A Three-Dimensional Theory of Interpersonal Behavior. Schutz originally devised the theory to measure and predict the interaction between people for the purpose of assembling highly productive teams.
Over the years, FIRO Theory has been heavily researched and has proven to be:
Simple: Easy to use in helping individuals, teams, and organizations; easy to incorporate into training, consulting, and coaching.
Powerful: For understanding human behavior and motivation in a wide variety of situations
Comprehensive: The three basic dimensions—inclusion, control, and openness—describe the dynamics of individuals, pairs, teams & organizations, eliminating the need for multiple models.
The Human Element® Methodology provides a comprehensive approach for organizational transformation that starts with the individual increasing personal awareness, then building skills for working together developing organizational solutions and creating lasting organizational change.
1. What is wrong with so and so, why won’t he/she just listen to me
2. Why won’t anyone listen to me?
3. Why is it that difficult to understand?
4. Why do I get so angry about…?
5. Why is (name) so angry about…?
6. Why can’t we take the time to think through this problem?
7. Why did I get such a poor appraisal after all I have done?
8. It is all management’s fault.
9. Someone else must solve / fix this.
10. What do I have to do to get someone to act around here?
11. Why don’t my employees understand? It’s very simple to me.
12. It is simple, we don’t need to keep thinking about it, just decide and move on.
13. Why can’t we just get along and get the project done?
14. Why don’t you trust me?
15. Why don’t you just tell me what you want?
16. Its too difficult dealing with others, I will just do it myself.
17. Why doesn’t so and so like me?
18. Oh no, another useless meeting.
19. I just can’t talk to the boss.
20. I just can’t listen to any more from him/her.
21. I couldn’t possibly tell (name) what I am really thinking.
22. (Name) is just like all the other (group).
23. I will continue to deal with (name) until he/she leaves because it is just not worth the effort.
24. Why do I have to make every little decision?
25. Why do we have so many meetings and get so little done?
26. It is all my fault.
27. It is because of those employees.
28. Someone else caused this.
29. Why don’t my supervisors understand? It’s very simple to me.
Poor Understanding Of Goals And Objectives
Lost Productivity That Results in Overtime
Unhealthy Internal Competition
Avoidance of Others and Miscommunication
Over Reliance on Policy and Rules
Lack of Commitment
High Personnel Turn Over
All of these things are an unnecessary drain on the organization. They are not unusual and they are completely solvable. In isolation none of them are catastrophic for an organization. But rarely are they found in isolation. Together they create organizational weakness that left unresolved only get worse.
Research has shown that the vast majority of employees who quit their jobs don't leave their company, they leave their boss. People might join a company for the compensation, growth opportunities, or mission, but they frequently leave because they don’t have a good relationship with their manager.
The cost of a bad manager or employee is too high to tolerate. Not only will people quit much more often, but also they’ll be much less productive before they do. Being a good leader isn’t rocket science, but it takes work. And unfortunately, a lot of managers don’t put the same dedication into the craft of leading people as they do into what they consider their “real” work.
Conversely, when employees, managers or supervisors are fired, replaced or removed, it's not usually because they lack technical expertise or know-how, nor is be just because they are “bad people”. They fail because of their lack of self-awareness and effective interpersonal skills.
Healthy organizations thrive in positive, collaborative and transparent climates. In healthy organizations all participants are committed to the success of the organization and other members of the team. We all work together to create either an unhealthy or healthy organization. 3WIRE Consulting Group can help you turn your business, or organization toward a more healthy and productive team. Capable of succeeding in today’s hectic operating environment.
At 3WIRE Consultation Group, our team of expert facilitators has over 90 years of combined leadership and organizational development experience. Our team members are certified practitioners who can administer and interpret an array of instruments that provide a foundation for individual self-awareness, team development, and organizational cohesion. We provide business leaders like you a deeper understanding of how relationships contribute to your bottom line and how they specifically influence how well your teams perform. Consult our experienced advisers today to find out the best solutions for your corporate development needs. To schedule an appointment with one of our experts, call us today.